In the search for trustworthy software to manage and transfer data between iPhones and computers, many users have discovered EaseUS MobiMover. Since its launch in 2017, MobiMover has been evolving to simplify digital interactions across different devices.
So far, we have conducted in-depth tests on five similar software tools. In this article, we aim to provide a balanced review of MobiMover, highlighting its strengths, weaknesses, its history, and its standing compared to other software in the market. By exploring MobiMover’s development and offerings, this article strives to assist you in making a well-informed choice.
My Overall Assessment of MobiMover
Since its first appearance in 2017, EaseUS MobiMover has constantly evolved, striving to satisfy the growing data transfer needs of iOS users. This software is not just a tool for transferring data between iOS devices and different platforms (including PC, Mac, and Android), but also a comprehensive data backup solution. It offers additional features like video downloading and Heic conversion. The user interface is intuitive and user-friendly. Even the free version gives users enough opportunity to explore and understand the basic transfer capabilities of the product.
However, when comparing MobiMover to other market competitors, it’s clear that there’s some room for improvement in terms of functional depth and detail handling. For example, the export format for text messages could be further optimized and enriched. In terms of overall functionality, MobiMover still has areas to improve, especially when compared to iMazing and AnyTrans.
Reasons to Use MobiMover:
- Diverse Transfers: Like AnyTrans, MobiMover supports data transfers between different devices including computers and iOS devices, as well as between iOS and Android devices. This feature is very useful for those switching phones, self-media creators, and mobile repair technicians.
- Comprehensive Data Transfer: MobiMover can transfer a variety of data types such as music, photos, messages, contacts, Notes, and other common app data, meeting various user needs.
- Free Trial: The software allows a free transfer of 20 files per day, making it user-friendly for those new to the software and suitable for users with fewer data transfer needs.
- Additional Tools: The built-in online video downloader and WhatsApp message backup and restore features add extra convenience for users.
- User-friendly Interface: Compared to earlier versions of CopyTrans and iExplorer, MobiMover has a more intuitive and easier-to-use interface, simplifying the user operation process.
Reasons Not to Use MobiMover:
- Text Message Export Needs Improvement: When exporting text messages from iPhone, for instance converting to PDF, the interface and format provided by MobiMover differs significantly from the iPhone’s display. Its performance is mediocre compared to Decipher and iMazing.
- Insufficient Data Management: Despite being marketed as an iPhone data management tool, MobiMover falls short in certain data management features like contact deduplication, ringtone creation, and adding new contacts, compared to competitors.
- Limited Video Download Features: Although there’s a video download feature, users can’t select video quality and format during the download process, unlike professional video download tools. This may not meet the needs of some users.
- Subscription Model for Paid Version: The paid version uses a subscription model, which could be inconvenient for individuals who don’t use it frequently and may forget to cancel the subscription. Users disliking the subscription model need to remember to cancel it on time.
MobiMover is capable of operating on the following systems and devices and supports the management and transfer of a variety of file types.
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 (Big Sur), macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Software Requirement: The latest version of iTunes needs to be installed on the computer.
- Supported iOS Devices and Versions: iPhone 4s through iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 2 through 5, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro (iOS 9.0 and above).
Supported File Types:
- Audio: Music, Voice Memos, Ringtones, Audiobooks, Playlists.
- Images: Photos, Albums.
- Videos: Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos.
- Personal Information: Contacts, Messages, Voicemails, Books, Notes, Apps, Podcasts.
- Browse and Transfer: Manage iOS content in a customized manner. This includes adding content from the computer to iOS devices, transferring content from iOS devices to the computer, and directly transferring content between iOS devices. It also supports importing, exporting, deleting, and transferring content to another phone.
- Quick Transfer: Allows users to transfer data directly from the computer to iOS devices, ensuring the content is well-organized on the iOS devices after the transfer.
- Backup and Restore: MobiMover offers backup tools including a Backup Manager and WhatsApp Manager, to backup almost all data on iOS devices, and restore backups when needed.
- Social App Management: This feature enables backing up, restoring, and viewing app data. Supported apps include WhatsApp, Whatsapp Business, LINE, Kik, and Viber.
- Video Downloader: Simply input or paste the download link, then click the download button to start downloading video files.
- Converter: Features include converting HEIC format to JPG format, and converting videos to MP3.
Is MobiMover Safe to Use?
MobiMover is a safe and reliable tool, providing assurance for users. Its developer, EaseUS, holds substantial experience in the desktop software sector, particularly in PC hard disk partition software. The positive feedback from multiple third-party review sites demonstrates that EaseUS maintains a high level of credibility, which in turn, assures a degree of safety for MobiMover.
Upon testing MobiMover, we did not discover, from network application monitoring, that the software uploads a large amount of data to online services. This aspect indicates its reliability regarding mobile data security. Ultimately, as a tool for mobile data transfer and management, and given the potential for the data to include sensitive content, it’s strongly recommended that users only download and use MobiMover from the official website or reputable download platforms to ensure the safety of their data.
MobiMover Free vs. Paid
Below is a comparison of the free trial and paid versions of EaseUS MobiMover.
|Transfer data between computer and iPhone/iPad||✔||✔|
|Transfer data between iPhones/iPads||✖||✔|
|Transfer data between iPhone/iPad and Android||✖||✔|
|Transfer data between Android devices||✖||✔|
|Manage iPhone/iPad files||✔||✔|
|Download videos and audios||✔||✔|
|Restore iPhone from backup||✖||✔|
|Transfer and backup WhatsApp chat history||✖||✔|
|24/7 technical support||✖||✔|
|License for multiple PCs||✖||✔|
|Files you can transfer totally||20 files/day||No limit|
|Price||Free||Starting at $19.95/month|
For the paid version of MobiMover, the monthly and yearly plans are on a subscription basis, so remember to cancel the subscription in a timely manner after use if you don’t wish to continue. Additionally, each license accommodates three computers and unlimited iOS devices, making it a great fit for individuals in the mobile device sales and repair sectors. Lastly, it’s advisable to try it out before making a purchase.
In August 2017, EaseUS introduced MobiMover 1.0 for Windows users, a tool designed for easy data transfer between iPhones and PCs, as well as among iPhones. Although a decade had passed since the release of the first iPhone and mature iOS data management software like CopyTrans was available, MobiMover set itself apart by offering a free version that allowed users to transfer 10 data items per day at no cost, including contacts, notes, messages, calendar entries, voicemails, ringtones, photos, music, videos, and more.
In March 2018, MobiMover 3.0 was launched, extending its service to Mac users. This version mirrored the functionality of the Windows version, enabling users to transfer and manage iPhone data on Mac computers. Following this, in May, MobiMover 4.5 was released with a new online video download feature, allowing users to not only download online videos to their computers but also directly import them into their phones.
In the first half of 2020, EaseUS unveiled versions 5.1.1 to 5.1.6 of MobiMover, which included a feature to unlock iOS screen locks. However, this feature was later migrated to the newly launched MobiUnlock software.
During the same year, MobiMover expanded its functionality by adding backup and restore features, along with the ability for users to view backup data.
In 2021, MobiMover continued to improve by adding image and video conversion features. Users could now effortlessly convert HEIC format images to JPG format and video files to MP3 format. Up to this point, MobiMover has gradually evolved into a multi-functional iPhone data management software with a host of integrated features.